Saturday, February 2, 2013

Classic Books audio

http://laptopclipart.com/free-clip-art-reading-children/
 Currently we are driving daily about 45 minutes each way to my eldest son's activity. And as I've posted before, we use audio stories in our van on a regular basis. Generally I use the library; unless of course, I've racked up my normal I love my library fee, and until I pay it down we use classic books from Librivox and Booksshouldbefree.com. Our homeschooling curriculum uses a large assortment of classic books, and although I don't mind reading, sometimes it's just nice to sit back and listen. All books from these sites are in the public domain, and while some of the audio is just so-so, most of the books we have listened to we have enjoyed. And we have recently discovered on the Booksshouldbefree site, some of the books such as Alice in Wonderland use different character voices, making it even more pleasurable to listen. All books can be downloaded and burned to a disc or popped onto a mp3 player. Happy listening!

1 comment:

  1. We also enjoy these downloadable books. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. Maybe you'll get a chance to make a mini messenger bag sometime. :0)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete