Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What's in my van?

One of our major expenses when we get into the car always seems to be thirst related. It doesn't matter even if we are just going up the road, as soon as we get into the van inevitably somebody is thirsty. I have tried everything I could think of in the past, from juice pouches (hot pouches...ewwww) to each their own water bottle (mom, I forgot mine!). On top of that, if we did happen to remember one or more of the above, at some point bottles are empty and we are far from home. 
Last year while traveling to Virginia, my husband pops into a Home Depot and comes out with this 2 gallon beauty. Secretly I thought we would never get much use out of it, but I was wrong! It tops the list of necessary items when we are in the van, no matter how short the trip. The only day it comes out of the van is Thursday... our "clean the junk out of the van" day. It goes in for a quick wash and refill and right back out into the trunk. If we happen to be out and we are low on water, a $2 bag of ice fills it back up and even sitting in the hot van we have cool water for several days. Way cheaper than those disposable water bottles we used to buy!

P.S. I would let you see what's in the rest of the van, but it's not Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment