Friday, March 1, 2013

Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Game

BLT Felt Game - Portable-Kid.com
 When I saw this adorable Peanut Butter and Jelly Game from Family Home and Life, I knew I had to put one together. Pb&J's are a huge hit in our house, so it seemed a no brainer. However, we are on a huge bacon kick, and not for the reasons one might suppose. Sure, bacon is completely awesome, especially when wrapped around another yummy food such as shrimp or pork tenderloin (forgive me vegetarians, we love our meat!). But we are completely obsessed with bacon for a different reason. This past year our eldest began participating in FIRST Robotics, which builds a large robot that has to perform a variety of tasks on a large playing field. Name of son's club? Exploding Bacon. And since building the robot for the competition takes a very intense six weeks, we have been eating, sleeping and dreaming about bacon. So in honor of the above, our PB&J game became BLT's. Same rules, same fun. Simple and easy to create, just takes a few minutes to cut out and begin.
To begin, all is needed is several pieces of felt. I used what I had on hand; tan, red, green, orange and gold. You can cut out freehand or  download template and directions to game.  I cut out enough for 2 players; however the fun of this game is that any number can play.

Cut out enough pieces for each player.
Freehand wiggly lines slightly shorter than the length of your bacon, 2 per piece
Glue wiggly lines to bacon
Cut felt squares slightly smaller than wood block. My block was approx 1"
Time to play!
I'll be honest- I loved Family's Pb&J picnic bag, but it was too big for my purposes. This game I made in preparation of our first completion, a 3 day event. I need to bring lots of ideas to amuse the younger ones without carrying a huge bag. This game fits perfectly into a plastic soapbox; which slides into a pocket in on of my kid slings.
I link at these parties!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I saw the PB&J game before and this is just as cute!! Thanks so much for sharing at the Humble Brag!

    ReplyDelete